As I mentioned earlier the Ice Fury is now being written about in the Book Of Dragons. For a long while it was debated whether or not to put them in the Sharp Class or the Strike Class, so they couldn't be written about. The motives for the debate were simple: They have all the physicle attributes of the Sharp class dragons, Very sharp wings, tail, and tall icicle like spikes lining their spine, but they have extreme intelligence and have a top speed, though they rarely go this fast, of 93 miles per hour (149 kph). Those are, of course, are attributes of the Strike Class. It was then after The Snow Queen tested one of this kind and proved that they have vice-like jaw strength. It was then decided that this dragon had to be put to Strike Class. This dragon was very smart that it even talks to humans if they wanted to using telepathy.
CharacteristicsThe Ice Fury is one of the only dragons that can actually breath Ice, though, from a distance, it looks like white fire. The ice actually looks quite similar to the white fire that the Skrill exhales. The Ice Fury's breath is virtually the only defence it has. But most of the time, they fire a Night Fury-like blast that always turn the projectiles to ice.
The Ice Furies roar sounds very similar to the Night Furies. However, it is slightly higher in pitch. The Ice Fury is almost as good of a swimmer as it is a flyer. They can't travel nearly as fast in the water as they can in the air (their top speed in water is 30 miles per hour), however they are still excellent at maneuvering and diving. They can hold their breath for approximately ten minutes. The Ice Fury has a very odd tactic for catching fish. First, it will dive into the water, and find a school of small fish no more than two inches long. Then, it will dive down below this school and swim up underneath it. Next, It will blow its breath into the school, thereby trapping several fish in ice. The Ice Fury will then come up to the surface and wait for the ice-encased fish to float up as well. When this happens, it will push the ice to the shore, jump on to the top of it and begin stomping. When the ice is broken into powder the dragon will begin eating the fish. This method is not the most beneficial, as the fish may also get stomped upon as well, but it seems to work for them!
- The Ice Fury is always secreting a small amount of moisture from its skin, so in cold environments, the dragon is covered in frost.
- The Ice Fury leaves frost footprints. This, however, is unfortunate to the dragon because it makes it very easy to track.
- The Ice Fury must always have large quantities of water available in order for it to breath ice. Similar to how the Scauldron sucks water into its stomach and heats it, the Ice Fury sucks water into its stomach and cools it.
- Only The Snow Queen can tame this creature and are said to be lived in snowy mountains of either Berk or on the North Mountain.
- The Ice Furies were sometimes wrestle on Night Furies in order to either have fun or to ask permission to breed a new kind of dragon that is half Night, half Ice.
- No one has seen or proved that this dragon actually belonged to Strike Class until Elsa and of course Hiccup uncovered the truth and secrets about this dragon.
- This dragon sometimes sings along with its trainer. It's voice is often mistaken for a mermaid's voice because the way it sings is actually alluring to all who hears it.
- Only females of this dragon can sing. Males don't sing so one can easily determine it's gender if the trainer will hum or sing. Elsa already knew this simple trick.
- Frozen Dragon: A Twist of Time
- The Masquerade Trio (mentioned)
Want to learn more about Fury Dragons? Check out these pages!